The student news site of Elk Grove High School

The Guardian

The Guardian

The Guardian

‘Old Dads’ brings comedy movies back into the mainstream

I give this movie 9 Louie’s out of 10.

Old Dads is a comedy movie that was released on October 20th. The film stars Bill Burr, Bobby Cannavale, and Bokeem Woodbine. Because it was a comedy film, I knew I had to give it a shot. 

This movie is about the challenges that three old friends are facing. They are having trouble fitting into the new world. They once had a sports clothing company that was very successful until the day they sold it, and they all got jobs at their former company. However, the new owners completely changed everything, and the three main characters eventually got fired due to multiple altercations with the new owner.

The main character, Bill Burr, has a young child and another kid on the way. He sent his kid to a very expensive private school that was rated one of the best schools in California so that the educator at the school could refer them to a good school when he gets older so he can have a better education.

He got into an argument with the educator when he was two minutes late to pick up his kid. He ended up getting into a heated argument with the educator, so he decides to go on a trip to Las Vegas with his two friends to get away from reality. That’s where things start to go awry.

I enjoyed this movie a lot. I don’t remember the last time a good comedy film was released, and the cast of “Old Dads” really helped the main characters pop. I enjoyed it because of the fact they made it a funny movie, but managed to also make it serious. When movies are funny and serious together, most of the time they are not very good or make it more serious than funny, or more funny than serious. I felt that this one had the perfect balance of both.

I give this movie 9 Louie’s out of 10.