Variety Show exemplifies talent

Tyra Jenkins, Staff Reporter

It is that time of the year when true talent reveals itself. The Variety Show at Elk Grove has always been very entertaining with dancers, singers, and musicians.

This year the variety show is looking for more performance art. It is never a bad thing to be different than others. The directors are looking for people to share their talent with the school.

So, if you have talents other than singing, dancing, or playing instruments, this is your time to audition.

The Variety Show is still accepting singing, dancing and musical talents, but they would like to showcase other talents as well.

Starting at the end of October, auditions will be held for the Variety Show.

Acoording to the directors, the preparation of the show is the best part because there are many auditions and many students that are willing to share their talents with the school.

The students are really “passionate about what they are doing, and some are more comical than others.” said the director of the variety show Ron Fiorito. The preparation takes about four or five weeks before the actual show is ready. The nights of the Variety Show performances, there is never a tough crowd. A lot of the Elk Grove staff and students come to show support.

Many students do not bother to try out for the Variety Show because they think that there’s only one winner or best performance gets a prize, but that is not correct. Everyone is acknowledged and “the prize is getting to put on the show,” added Fiorito. So students can come be a part of this year’s Variety Show and leave an ever-lasting memory for the school.