Orchesis finishes up show

Mallory Hornsberger, Staff Reporter

Elk Grove held their annual Orchesis show, titled “Awakening,” February 25, 26 and 27.

Dancers began rehearsing with their teacher, Lisette Rodriguez, towards the middle of November.

The show had a variety of dances from hip hop, to modern. Senior Tianna Hagens choreographed two dances in this year’s show, titled “Numb” and “Burn It Up.” “Burn It Up” was one of sophomore Lexi Chirbas’s favorite dances because “it’s full of energy and attitude, and everyone had so much fun doing it.”

Three year Orchesis member senior Julia Schwarzinger says her favorite dance was “Together At Last” choreographed by senior Erin Powell. Schwarzinger says she liked this dance because “[She] liked the story line and it was easy for [her] to act it out.”

The dancers also performed a skit about the prom page created every year where girls post pictures of their dresses. Senior Lia Demopoulos and Junior Aniyah McCullum were able to show how mad girls get if someone has the same dress, by physically fighting on stage. Demopoulos said, “it was funny because it relates to what’s actually going on with girls and prom.”

Schwarzinger and Martinski will “miss being slap happy backstage,” as well as “being weird with everyone” as their Orchesis careers come to an end.