Different prom venues proposed

Jade Lewis, Sectional Editor

For the classes of 2018 and 2019, the student council made the decision to add two more possibilities for prom.

One of the possibilities is the Downtown Chicago Venue which is Brookfield Zoo/Shedd Aquarium for the price range $100-120. During this event, the students can experience a red carpet greeting. This comes with an hour of any exhibit students wish to visit, transportation, DJ and food. The time of the event would be at 5:00 p.m. with a return time to school between 1:00- 2:00 a.m.

The second possibility is Level 257 in Schaumburg. Level 257 is a stylish place to eat and socialize inside Woodfield Mall. It is a 42,000 square foot playground that was inspired by PAC-MAN. Level 257 includes boutique bowling, arcade games and board games. The time for this event would be at 6:00 p.m. with a return time to the school between 1:00-2:00 p.m. This event would be in the price range of $85-100.

The third option is Venuti’s in Addison. This is the traditional banquet hall that prom is usually held at. The students would need to drive to Venuti’s themselves. The price for this event is $85. Students would also have the option to purchase tickets to post prom which is Level 257. The price for a post prom ticket is $30.

Junior Marissa Hoch said, “I would rather have my prom at the traditional banquet hall because that’s what I always thought prom would be, so why change it?”